Maximal Web Site
Use html, css, a text editor, dreamweaver, and photoshop to create a maximal web site (about any topic, not necessarily regularly updated).
Create a directory in your "public_html" folder called "maximal" and upload your project to that directory. Your start page should be labeled "index.html" Your project should appear at http://nm.unca.edu/~youruserid/maximal/
- must use css to control typography and layout
- you may cut, paste, and repurpose other people's code
- Each page (images included but not counting html and css code) must be under 250K.
- Site must contain --
- home page
- at least two subsections
- each of those subsections must have at least two of their own subsections.
- [so that's 1 home page, at least 2 sub-section pages, and at least 4 sub-sub-section pages, for a total of at least 7 pages. You may have more.]
- site architecture should look like this:
level2 (pg 1)-------- level2 (pg 2)---------
| | | |
level3 (pg1) level3 (pg2) level3 (pg3) level3 (pg4)
each page must have a menu with links to other sections and a link back to the home page.
each page must have some sort of "locator" device letting the visitor know where they are within the site.
Site should work cross-browser and cross-platform, but not necessarily cross-device (doesn't have to work on phones or pads).
1. meets above requirements
2. visual design (fonts, layout, colors, interest)
3. interaction design (menu, navigation, labels, signposts)